- 1 Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar And Its Uses
- 2 My Final Thoughts About Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar And Its Uses
I am sure most people have heard of Apple Cider Vinegar…whether they cook or not, and surely, as a staple used for hair care. One brand of Apple Cider Vinegar that takes the cake, every time, in my opinion, is the Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar.
I use apple cider vinegar in:
- cooking my favorite meals such as sweet and sour dishes
- salad dressings – vinaigrette
- hair care – ACV homemade hair rinse
To name a few instances. I love ACV because of the benefits that I will outline below. I am sure that some of them will resonate with you as well.
Benefits Of Using Apple Cider Vinegar
There are many benefits to using ACV in your diet or health care. However, for the sake of brevity, I will itemize only a few to whet your appetite.
Apple Cider vinegar:
- helps with detoxing the body – especially when using the unfiltered kind
- according to recent medical research, ACV is being touted to help with ingestion, namely acid reflux
- lowering blood pressure
- improving diabetes
- and helping weight loss
- can be used as a hair conditioner
- is sometimes used as a facial toner
How To Use ACV
You can use ACV as a stand-alone ingredient in its natural strength, or diluted with various ratios of water or any other liquid needed to fulfill the recipe. If you opt to use ACV as a detox agent, which I sometimes do, I take one teaspoon once I awake in the morning before I drink any liquid. I drink it ‘straight up’.
On the bottle, it is listed to take 1-2 teaspoons which should be taken 3 times a day in 8 ozs of water and 1-2 teaspoons of organic honey. It is not like honey, this is for sure, but it helps to detox the liver and act as a lymphatic tonic. Of course, it is best when using it in its unfiltered state where you can see ‘the mother’ in the bottle after it has been standing for a while.
Please check with your medical counsel before following any recommendations that I might suggest.
Here is a Youtube video made by Dr. Axe and he gives his opinion on ACV.
Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar And Its Main Features
Well, the main and only feature of Bragg’s Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar is the visibility of ‘the mother’. This is the best indication of the ‘naturalness’ of the product. You will see the settlement at the bottom of the bottle and once you shake it up, it should get cloudy and be no longer visible – sort of like looking at an emulsified version of the fermented apple juice.
Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar is touted to be made from the best available source of organic apples. The ‘mother’, which is naturally produced, is a strand-like chain of protein enzyme molecules. There are medical studies which show the health benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar. In 400 B.C. Hippocrates, the Father of Medicine also used it for its amazing natural qualities.
Who Is The Product For
Anyone can use ACV. What is important is that you follow medical advice before starting any new recommendation concerning your health. If you decide to use ACV internally, the measurement is governed by your intake tolerance as well. Usually, 1 tablespoon per day is recommended – I can only handle 1 teaspoon. I find that it still helps me. Of course, we are all different, so what might work for me, might not for you. SO, the key is to find YOUR happy medium. Of course, it also depends on the purpose that you are taking/using ACV.
What I Like About Bragg’s ACV
There are a few things that I like about Bragg’s in comparison to other brands of ACV. I love:
- seeing the mother in the bottle – the level of the ‘sediment’ seems more composite that in other brands
- comes in raw and unfiltered as well as filtered
- it is unpasteurized
- it is gluten free
- it is organic
- it has a reasonably ‘nice’ taste – if you can even say that about vinegar
- Bragg also has a variety of ACV ‘drinks’ that offer a ‘twist’ to drinking ACV: Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar Drink, Concord Grape & Acai, 16-ounces. It comes in 6 flavors
What I Don’t Like
Of course, we do not live in a perfect world, so yes, there are some things I don’t like about Bragg’s ACV and in all fairness, I will also disclose. The few cons that I have are listed below:
- the price – it is a bit more pricey than other brands
- the sizes – the smallest size is 16ozs, the largest 128 ozs. I would love a smaller bottle, even though the shelf life is fairly long
My Final Thoughts About Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
Well, as a user of Bragg’s Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar, I find that it lives up to its name. It is a great product. I use it internally as well as externally. It works for me. I highly recommend this brand. Mainly because of the organic products used to make it and because I can see the natural ‘mother’ in the bottle itself, as it continues enhancing the flavor.
Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar is for anyone, the health guru and the novice user. The proof is in the pudding, as the cliche goes. Have you tried ACV in general? Have you tried Bragg ACV? I would love to hear your feedback.
Thanks for reading and looking forward to your comment.