Dr. Bronner’s products have been around for quite a while. According to Wikipedia, the creator was Emanuel Theodor Heilbronner in 1908. He was a German-born who fled to the USA and became a naturalized citizen. His parents died in the Holocaust because they refused to flee with him. He subsequently changed his name because of its association with Nazism. 
His labels may have been controversial at times because he would use Jewish and Christian sources to promote his philosophy and thus establish his brand. He also made his product by hand and up till 1997 when he died, the products were still not fully mechanized.
Benefits Of The Product
Apart from the fact that the ingredients of Dr. Bronner’s Pure Castile Soap include quite a few natural ingredients, there are more great reasons to using it, such as:
- it is certified as an organic and vegan product by the USDA National Organic Program and by the Vegan Action, respectively.
- it is great for people with allergies. The reason being that it contains no fragrance (the baby unscented) and has double the olive oil which also helps people with sensitive skin.
- it is smooth and moisturizing. Because the ingredients (which are organic and vegan), when combined, the result is a liquid soap which has an emollient lather and a great moisturizing after feel.
- it is natural. It has no synthetic detergents or preservatives, and none of the ingredients are genetically modified.
How To Use The Product
Using the product is mainly your call! I use Dr. Bronner Pure Castile Soap when I am making homemade shampoos. I find that it does not interfere with the addition of other natural products for my hair care regimen. And of course, I simply love the fact that is such a natural product.
It does not lather very easily, so make sure that you wet your hair thoroughly and maybe cleanse it a couple of times (maybe twice) to get the ‘clean’ feel. It does not make your hair feel ‘stripped’ like regular shampoo products. And depending on the scent you choose ( my favorite is the peppermint), you will love the refreshing fragrance.
Product Description And Features
Dr. Bonner Pure Castile Liquid Soap has a nice consistency. It is opaque in color and of course, looks like a silky soap. it comes in various scents:
- tea tree
Here is a list of the ingredients:
Water, Organic Coconut Oil*, Potassium Hydroxide**, Organic Palm Kernel Oil*, Organic Olive Oil*, Organic Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Citric Acid, Tocopherol.
*Certified Fair Trade Ingredients
** None remains after saponifying oils into soap & glycerin.
Who Is The Product For
It is a great product for babies, children, adults – everyone. The gentleness of the product is good enough for people with sensitive skin and soft for babies as well.
What I Like About The Product.
I love using this product and have been doing so for many years. It is easy to tell you why I do. Here are a few reasons, it:
- comes in different flavors such as hemp lavender, almond, peppermint, citrus, tea tree, rose, eucalyptus, and of course, unscented.
- the packaging is 100% post-consumer recycled (PCR) plastic bottles
- has no synthetic preservatives
- has no harsh detergents or foaming agents
- is a mild soap that is gentle enough to use on your face as well as your entire body
- also comes in a soap bar with which you can make into your own liquid consistency if you choose (and which I sometimes do)
- has 18-in-1 uses – this is the motto of the company. It is multi-purpose
What I Don’t Like About The Product
There is only one thing that I don’t like about the product and that is the fact that it does not ‘lather’ up much (in my opinion). Of course, the lather is not an indicator of the cleansing effect, however, I think it is just psychological that we are accustomed to thinking that ‘no lather’ is equated with ‘no clean’. So, in that respect, I know the soap cleans, it just does not lather up much.
My Final Thoughts
Because I have been using Dr. Bronner’s products for quite some time, I recommend it wholeheartedly because of the results that I have had using them. The soaps are mild enough to use over my entire body from head to toe!
You should give it a try and let me know your experience as well. Looking forward to it.