I started using Elasta QP Moisturizer Olive Oil/Mango Butter a few years ago. Another natural hair girl recommended it while I was a member of a hair board. It was interesting because there are so many tips to be gained from visiting and being members on hair boards – some good and some bad. Ultimately, you have to try whatever is being suggested to see if it could work for your hair – no matter how highly recommended it was by that user.
So, my curiosity got the better of me and I tried it.
Benefits Of The Product
I must say that I was immediately impressed by this product. Here are some of the benefits that I found:
- It made my hair soft
- It gave my hair this smooth feel to it
- It strengthened my hair especially because I used shea butter along with it
- My hair had a nice sheen to it
How To Use The Product
According to the label, you apply the moisturizer to freshly cleansed hair massaging it in. You can also reapply on a daily basis to dry hair.
The way I use it is simply applying it to freshly cleansed hair. I apply some all over my hair and then individually as I make smaller sections which I then do into two-strand twists. When I reapply after wash day, I simply spray some water on small sections of my hair and then apply to the hair and retwist.
Product Description And Features
This moisturizer is creamy – beige in color and of a fairly thick consistency. It also has a very nice smell, I would say sort of fruity.
Here is a list of ingredients:
- Ingredients: Water , Olea Europaea Fruit Oil (Olive Oil) , Capric Caprylic Triglycerides , PEG 75 Lanolin , Behentrimonium Methosulfate , Cetearyl Alcohol , Ceteareth-20 , Mangifera Indica Seed Butter (Mango Butter) , Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Cocoa Butter) , Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut Oil) , Cetyl Alcohol , Dimethicone , Phenyl Trimethicone , Retinyl Palmitate , Tocopherol , Ascorbic Acid , Biotin , Linoleic Acid , Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado Oil) , Imidazolidinyl Urea , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Hydrolyzed Silk , CI 19140 (Yellow 5) , Fragrance , Benzyl Benzoate , Citral , Citrolellol , d-Limonene , Geraniol , Linalool .
Who Is The Product For
This product is for normal hair (according to the label). I would say that it can be used for children and adults as it is basically a softener for your hair. Everybody’s hair can benefit from any type of moisturizer, and the Elasta QP Moisturizer Olive Oil Mango Butter is a great starting point. A moisturizer is what effectively keeps your hair moisturized in order to minimize hair breakage and maximize hair length.
What I Like About The Product
The main things I like about this product are:
- It makes my hair soft
- It keeps my hair feeling moisturized
- It adds some shine to my hair
What I Don’t Like About The Product
Just thinking about this, there is nothing I don’t like about the product. It does a good job for my hair,
My Final Thoughts About Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Moisturizer
I enjoy using Elasta QP Moisturizer and have no hesitation in re-purchasing. Because I know and realize the importance of moisture for my hair. I make sure that I do what it takes to provide it, and Elasta QP does the job well.
I have no problem recommending this product. However, like anything else, I can’t emphasize enough the importance of trying things in small amounts or samples to see if it works for your hair before you go ‘gung-ho’ and purchase the ‘big guns’. It would be a shame to have to throw it out if it does not work for your hair.
In any event, give Elasta QP Moisturizer a try and if you do, be sure to check back and let me know if it worked wonders for your hair like it has for mine.
Thanks for stopping by and all the best on your hair journey.