As a natural girl with lots of curls, I need to be attentive to my moisture balance. I use a few premade moisturizers as well as some homemade. What is important is ensuring that your hair reaps the benefit of your efforts.
Of course, there are times when I don’t have the time to make homemade moisturizers and these are the times when I head to my backup plan, no pun intended. In this article, I will be looking at Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioning Repair Cream.
Benefits Of The Product
Just like any other product, we need to look at the gains or benefits for having purchased it in the first place.
Here are some reasons why I chose Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioning Repair Cream:
- it can be used for all types of hair – relaxed, texturized, colored, and permed hair.
- it helps to repair split ends, brittle hair and helps to strengthen as well
- it is a great moisturizer
- it helps to reduce frizz and leaves your hair feeling soft, shiny, and smooth
- can be used as a daily leave-in as well as an overnight conditioning agent
How To Use The Product
There are three ways that you cause Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in Conditioning Cream:
- as a daily leave-in – simply apply to dry hair and ensure that it is thoroughly distributed throughout your hair
- as an intensive overnight treatment – apply generously to freshly cleansed hair and cover with a plastic cap and leave overnight. Rinse and style as usual.
- as a split end mender – just apply daily to hair ends for constant protection.
Product Description And Features
The product consistency is like a creamy pudding. It has a nice, fresh smell. It is primarily made to help mend and repair dry, damaged, and coarse hair.
Here is a list of the ingredients:
- Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin (Soja) Soybean Oil, Propylene Glycol, Dicaprylate/Di- Caprate, Ppg1, Trideceth-6, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerine, Stearalkonium Chloride, Trimethylsilylamodimethacone, Panthenol, PPG-1-Peg 9 Laurel Glycol. Ethyl, Lanolin Oil, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Protein, Benzophenone-3, BHA, BHT, Zea Mays (Corn Oil), Idopropynolbutyl Carbonate, DMDM Hydantoin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance.
Who Is Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioning Repair Cream For
The product was made for helping dry, damaged and coarse hair. Hair with split ends and brittleness. So, basically, for anyone with those abovementioned issues.
What I Like About The Product
Here are some of the things I like about Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in Conditioning Cream:
- the smell is fresh and not too overpowering
- the consistency – a little goes a long way
- it helps my hair to retain moisture on a daily basis
- it is affordable and it will last a while based on the proportions you choose to use
- it has shea butter as one of its main ingredients which I absolutely love!
What I Don’t Like About The Product
Aaah, yes. The things I don’t like:
- I am not too happy that one of the listed ingredients is Cetyl Alcohol. This can be sometimes drying for the hair.
Final Thoughts About Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioning Repair Cream
As a moisturizer, I find Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioning Repair Cream a good product to use. It does as it says. I do not use too much when I apply it and I usually do it on freshly cleansed hair, and thereafter, every 2-3 days or as my hair needs it.
Have you had success with Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioning Repair Cream? What are your thoughts on it?
As your time allows, I would love to hear your story.
Thanks for reading.