Have You Ever Used Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil?
- hair care
- facial care
- body care
- nutritional purposes such as weight loss
It is just so amazing the things that you can do with coconut oil. I wrote an article highlighting 10 top uses of coconut oil, which you can read here.
Let’s talk about some of the Benefits Of Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is made up of MCFA’s – medium chain fatty acids. These include Caprylic acid, Lauric acid, and Capric acid. About 65% of the oils in coconut is made up of these 3 fats and about 91% of the oils in coconut oil is healthy saturated fat.
Coconut oil is:
- easy to digest
There are many benefits to be derived from coconut oil, I will list a few below:
- you can use it as a hair conditioner to help soften and moisturize your hair
- it can be used as an appetite suppressor and thus help in natural weight loss
- helps in penetrating the scalp and nourishing the hair follicles resulting in hair growth, coconut is more easily absorbed into the scalp than olive oil
- can be used to help reduce the thermal damage from heat styling tools
- can be used as a sunscreen protector, blocking penetration of the sun’s UV rays
- it helps to prevent heart disease and high blood pressure
- helps in the treatment of UTI (urinary tract infection)and kidney infection as well as protecting the liver
- is a natural immune system booster because of its anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral properties (because it contains lauric acid)
- helps to reduce inflammation and is especially good for skin issues like burns, eczema, dandruff, dermatitis, and psoriasis
- helps to prevent gum disease and tooth decay especially when used as an oil pulling agent
How To Use Coconut Oil
You can use coconut oil in many ways. It all depends on the purpose:
- as a health supplement – you can take one tablespoon 3 times a day before meals or maybe in the form of capsules
- as a skin moisturizer – apply it directly or mixed with your choice of essential oils
- as a hair conditioner – simply massage the scalp and hair with the oil, cover with a plastic cap, allow the oil to penetrate for 30mins or even overnight, then cleanse, style as usual
- as a cooking substitute for various culinary recipes
- as a baking substitute for butter, shortening, or vegetable oil
- for use in oral care by doing the oil-pulling method
Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil is a pure form of the oil. It is clear in color and has no sediment. Coconut oil can ‘sleep’ in cooler temperatures and may become solid in mass. Simply sitting it in a warm water bath will return it to its liquid state once again. It also has a nice coconut smell.
The company states on the label, that its brand of coconut oil is:
- One of the world’s most nourishing superfoods
- Great for sauteing, baking, enhancing your favorite recipes, and body care
- Cold-pressed and never refined, deodorized, or bleached
- Contains 63% medium chain triglycerides and 50% lauric acid
- USDA Organic and Non GMO Project Verified
Who Is The Product For
Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil is for EVERYONE! Even babies can benefit from its wide range of goodness. When my daughter was only 3 months old, she had a very sensitive skin. She had a slight rash on her wrist and ankles. I would apply coconut oil on her entire body every day. This certainly helped and kept her from scratching needlessly which would sometimes cause her baby skin to break – of course, this was before I thought of using coconut oil to heal her skin issues.
I found coconut oil as a solution perchance. I have very sensitive skin by nature so I was not too surprised when she started showing symptomatic reactions at such an early age. One day, I had left on her wet pamper for a little more than 2 hours and when I took it off, her whole little body was red from a rash that had been encouraged by the chemical makeup of her urine against her skin for too long a time. My heart broke to see her skin like that.
Then I had an AHA moment – what if I used coconut oil on her skin to soothe the irritation. I applied some coconut oil lavishly to her lower body and then put on a fresh pamper. Two hours later, I was thoroughly surprised. ALL the redness which had accompanied the rash was gone completely!
And it was from that moment on, that I started using coconut oil on her entire body, from head to toe until now, even though she is no longer a baby. It continues to keep her skin soft, clear, and with a youthful glow of health.
What I Like About Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil
Where do I start? I love everything about this brand of coconut oil. It delivers what it says:
- it can be bought in unrefined and refined processed states
- extra-virgin coconut oil
- it comes in several quantities to suit your needs
I buy this brand all the time and I always have an extra bottle so that my supply never runs out. I use it for everything. I love the smell too.
What I Don’t Like About Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil
The truth of the matter is this – there is nothing that I can think of when it comes to this product. I absolutely love it! It might be considered a bit pricey, however, considering how it is processed and the reputation of the brand, I am willing to pay.
My Final Thoughts
I always strive to write reviews based on my experience as there is no substitute for a ‘first-hand’ experience. I highly recommend Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil as a product that you can be happy with once you have purchased it.
The pros outweigh the cons by a long mile.
You will find so many benefits to having this product in your arsenal of goodies for your health and nutritional needs. I would love to hear your feedback if you have ever bought Nutiva and what you thought of the product after using it.
Thank you for taking the time to read this article.
Pictures courtesy of Pixabay.com and my personal album.