Today’s article is about the benefits of urine therapy. This article is written by my guest writer Taetske. I found it quite interesting and eye-opening. I hope you will too. Please leave your comments in the comments section. Thanks for reading.
An Ancient Therapy for modern day use.
Information on an Ancient Therapy for Modern Day Use
Some of you might have heard of this therapy before and for others, it will be a novelty. What I do know is that many people wrinkle their noses and say: What? You are suggesting to use my own Urine? Well, yes! Urine Therapy has been used thru out the ages by all cultures worldwide. I would like to give you some examples and also tell you about my personal experience with it.
In 1695 a book came out under the title “Salmon’s English Physician”. There we can read about the many applications urine has, and I quote:
- If used inwardly it helps with obstructions of the liver, spleen, gall and also with Dropsie, Jaundice, Stoppage of the terms in women, the Plague and all manners of malign fevers.
- If used outwardly it cleanses the skin by washing it, especially with warm urine. It heals and dries up wounds even though made with a poisoned weapon. It cures dandruff, scurf and when used on the pulses it cools the heat of fever.
- It helps in the case of Convulsions, Migraine, Lameness, Rheumatism and Hypochondriac diseases.
- It opens obstructions of the reins and urinary passages, dissolves tartarous coagulations in those parts, breaks and expels stone and gravel.I think this is already an impressive list to take in consideration.
- In the 18th century, it was recommended as an excellent mouthwash by a Parisian dentist. The Llamas of Tibet and the Yogis often use their own urine for the duration of their whole life. That is also why they can traverse deserts which are impossible for ordinary mortals.
- Gypsies have known for centuries of the healing properties of urine.
- Soldiers have known to pee in their boots when on long marches to prevent or heal blisters.
- People who have the misfortune to get lost at sea would be well advised in drinking their own urine instead of seawater. Like that they would survive many more days.
There are many more examples in history on the use of urine but that would take too long for this post.
Nowadays we know that during night time our body, the perfect factory, produces hormones. Multiple hypophysial hormones, the hormones of the adrenal and of the sexual glands have been found in the morning urine. Also, the hormone which makes you happy, one more reason to drink it.
You, the reader, may object to all this information saying something like: How can it be good to reintroduce into one’s body something the body has expelled? Just look at Nature and you will see it’s intelligent way of functioning. Dead leaves fall to the earth, lying there, decomposing and like that providing nourishment for flowers, bushes, and trees.
What we call Fauna and Flora relies on this system as it provides the means for everything to grow healthy. We should not think Nature is wasteful, that is erroneous. The rotting leaves have most valuable mineral salts for the soil, one of them being Potassium.
Having said this, one can come to the conclusion that reintroducing urine to the body will certainly have benefits. I think a urine analysis will give you an idea of the valuable constituents entrained. These micronutrients are necessary for our bodies but are lost in our urine:
- Urea N ( nitrogen )
- Urea Creatinine
- N Creatinine
- Uric acid
- N Uric acid
- Amino N
- Ammonia N
- Magnesium Chloride
- Inorganic sulphate
You can imagine it was not easy to find a picture to illustrate this post. I had to think about it quite a while. Suddenly, it dawned on me. What better than the Manneken Pis of Brussel. A statue of 1618, the legend says the little boy got lost and when his father found him, he caught him in the act of …
I would like to tell you my personal and also wonderful story even if the story is a sad one. It happened some 15 years ago, my Mother was still alive and lived in her house next to me. One late afternoon the neighbor came to warn me that their dog had attacked one of my cats outside my property.
Instead of taking my car up on the road to the cat I went running over there. She was on the ground and there was no blood to be seen. I picked her up and with her last strength, she bit me in my thumb. I started bleeding so I could not drive and called my Mother.
We first went to the vet and then proceeded to the first aid center in the village. There they cleaned the wound and put a spray on. Coming back to the vet we got the sad news that my cat was too bad and had to be put out of her misery. We took her home to be buried.
That evening my thumb started to throb badly so I took the spray, which was like a plastic layer off and for the first time had a real good look. There was a big hole through my thumbnail and on the other side, there also was a hole. I made a wrap with gauze and put my bandaged thumb in a glass of urine. Then I put some cellophane and tape so it could not fall off. I repeated this procedure in the morning and evenings without taking the gauze off, I just kept it wet with urine. The first 2 days it did hurt some but then that stopped.
After 1 week I dared to look. A miracle had happened! There was absolutely no sign what so ever, of the cat bite. My nail had healed completely and on the back of my thumb, here was no scar. It looked as if nothing had happened.
I firmly believe that urine is good for your skin, heals wounds and that drinking your morning urine is beneficial for your health. It is always good to keep an open mind, like that many useful things can be found.
I hope you found the information in my post of interest. Please feel free to visit my website:
If you would like to contact me directly you can do so on: firstname.lastname@example.org.