A great read about hair care on a whole is The Science of Black Hair by Audrey Davis-Sivasothy
This book delves in the uncharted course of black haircare for the beginner through the eyes of its author. It is like a technical layout for hair and is very detailed. The author combines hair science, research and testimonies which examine black hair on a much deeper level. There are full-color photographs and color-tab organization which enhances the whole reading experience.
Readers will learn how to:
- maintain chemically-treated or natural hair in the best health
- stop hair breakage using protein/moisture balancing method
- regulate product pH balance resulting in shinier and healthier hair
- grow longer,stronger and healthier hair for all times
Other features include:
- building a haircare regimen
- glossary of ingredients
- actual hair photos at a microscopic level
In my opinion, it is worth a read if you are serious about black hair care.