CALLING SHERLOCK HOLMES
In order to help one make the best decision for anything or anyone, – no one is exempt from comparison – it’s just basic human nature to compare!
Stay with me for a while as we go over together the pros and cons for using DIY natural black hair products versus pre-made natural black hair products. Let’s jump right into it!
Do-it-Yourself Natural hair products
- no chemicals
- natural vitamins coming from nature herself
- gentler and healthier for your tresses
- you determine how much and when you need it
- cost effective and easy on the pocket – sometimes a little goes a long way
- you know and control the ingredients in any batch of product you make
- shelf life of the product might be unstable without any preservative. Though there are a few natural preservatives that can prolong the life of the product for at least two weeks.
- sometimes, due to geographical location, the ingredient might not be available locally
- allergic reactions
Pre-made Natural Hair products
- convenience – at one’s fingertips – and ready to be used
- takes the ‘math’ out of the figuring it out equation
- price factor – too expensive at times
- not too many companies providing the market’s needs, especially with so many women starting their natural hair journey
- allergic reactions – sometimes even stronger than a DIY made product
- no control on the ingredients and the percentage amounts listed on the label
And now, drumroll…
Everything rests with the individual! You decide EVERY TIME what is best for you. The factors are many – hair texture, hair length, time on your hands, money in your pocket, availability of ingredients and products – so, take your time, educate yourself and do the best for your hair. It will thank you for it, no matter what you decide.
Thanks for stopping by and know that I encourage your feedback!